Installing a new Windows 8 PC, I ran into troubles with the Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone 7 (including the XNA GSE 4.0).
After some trials and tribulations, I found the cause: I had to install the latest “Game for Windows – LIVE” before.
Thanks to :
That never works the first time :)
It has been a moment since I have post nothing … Not enough time and/or energy… The approach of the end of the year always corresponds with a working overload “to finalize” and deliver projects ;) without counting the rest!
As a result, I “did not share” certain “structuring” news (Surface 2, Nokia Lumia on 2520, Xbox One, etc.)… I will try to do it in the next days.
However I was not inactive “IRL”. At the moment I restructure the general topology of my solutions and my data editor to feed the “game/engine” part using “new” technologies and practices (finally, for me): Unity (the engine of inversion of control, not the 3D engine), MEF (management of extensions), Prism (Framework of WPF composition, not the spying system), Enterprise Library (tools) and WF (for the workflow).
It is very instructive but that does not digest in two days :)